First, the player must place his bet. Once finished, the dealer will spin the wheel and throw a small ball in the opposite direction to the spin of the wheel.
Today, roulette wheels already have an air shooter that propels the ball at different speeds.
Finally, when the roulette stops the ball is placed on one of the numbers. Depending on the bet you have made, you can win more or less money.
These types of bets are very simple and also the odds of winning are high. However, you should bear in mind that the payments will be lower.
The different bets are as follows:
- Color (red / black). With this bet you play 18 numbers, since the roulette wheel has 18 red numbers and 18 black ones. The payout is 1 x 1. For practical purposes this means that you will receive € 1 for every euro wagered.
- Even / Odd . Where you also play 18 numbers and the payout is 1×1.
- High / Low . Where you bet on the group of low numbers (from 1 to 18) or the group of high numbers (from 19 to 36). You play 18 numbers and the payout is 1×1.
These types of bets are more difficult to win because you bet on fewer numbers. However, the prizes are higher.
The most common multiple bets are as follows:
- A dozen . It is about betting on which dozen the winning number will be. There are 3 different dozen. In this case, 12 numbers are played and the payout is 2×1. You also have the option to bet on two dozen, although these have to be consecutive. In this case you will play 12 numbers and the payout will be 0.5×1.
- A column . You will have to choose one of the 3 columns. It is played with 12 numbers and the payout is 2×1. You can also bet on two consecutive columns. In this case you will play 12 numbers and the payout will be 0.5×1.
- One six . Where 6 numbers are bet that are in two consecutive lines. The payout is 5×1.
- A painting . Where 4 numbers are bet that are arranged forming a square. The payout is 8×1.
- Transversal . Where 3 numbers that are in the same row are bet. The payout is 11×1. You can also bet on 0, 1 and 2 or 0, 2 and 3.
- Horses . It is a bet on two numbers that are together both horizontally and vertically. The payout is 17×1.
- Plenary . When you bet a single number. The payout is 35×1.
Betting on the wheel
This type of bets are those in which you bet on the numbers that are in a close position on the wheel itself.
At online roulette tables there are several boxes to make this type of bet, although for this you will have to use several chips.
The most common bets are the following:
- Neighbors of zero . In this case, you bet on the number 0, the nine numbers to the left of 0 (22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3 and 26) and the seven numbers to the right (32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2, 25). That is, in total you will bet on 17 numbers. For this you will need to use a total of 7 chips, as you will have to make 7 bets. In this case, each bet will be paid taking into account the covered numbers.
- Zero game . In this play you will bet on 0, on the 3 numbers to the left of 0 (35, 3 and 26) and on the three numbers to the right of 0 (32, 15 and 19). In total you will bet on 7 different numbers. For this you will need 4 chips.
- Third of the cylinder . In this case you will bet on 12 different numbers: 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16, 33. For this you will need 6 chips.
- Orphans in full . In this type of play you will bet on a total of 8 numbers. The numbers involved are those that are not neighbors of 0 nor are they in the third of the cylinder. That is: 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 31 and 34). For this bet you will need 8 chips.
- Orphans on horseback . In this type of bet the same numbers will be involved but you will make the bet with only 5 chips.